I'm not really a fine-dining kind of girl. I'm not even a Yelp kind of girl. I'm a chain food kind of girl. I love mass production. Arbys, TGIFridays, Noodles and Company, Cafe Rio. These places make me happy.
Frankly, if I had to, I could survive off Wingers sticky fingers for a week. They come with celery, people! I don't even like celery but I somehow consider that a bonus.
So before I even finished the thought, "Self, we have to buy a whole bunch of food for a party this weekend, so where should we go?" I immediately interrupted myself with, "BUCKETS OF STICKY FINGERS!"
But even I have my limits. Having downloaded the Wingers "Party-to-Go" menu, I must say, as a matter of common sense, not everything should come in a bucket. Specifically, chicken alfredo should not be bucketed.
I like the trust and consistency that you get with a chain. It is easy to count on and easy to know what you are getting. And sometimes taking the complicatedness away from food is perfectly wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI love that too. I also kind of love the consistency - Nick Hornby wrote a book once where a character was grateful for Starbucks, because whether you're from London or Paris or the south or NYC or LA, everyone finds a Starbucks familiar. It's kind of the good side of the McDonaldization of the industrialized world.
ReplyDelete