Sometimes when I try to tell people that my family is semi-white trash, they don't believe me.
The story I always offer as proof of this assertion is that one winter when my dad wasn't getting around so well due to a sprained ankle, our basement started flooding because a broken gutter was pouring all the runoff from our roof directly into the window well.
My dad considered his options. Climb a ladder mid-winter with his bad ankle? Dangle out a window and hope to reach it? Call someone for help?
No.
Clearly, the thing to do was to get a shotgun and shoot the offensive gutter off our house.
(Which was actually a total success, so no judging.)
That's AWESOME. Sounds a lot like my family.
ReplyDeleteAnd sucks about that date, though it does make for a humorous blog entry. I've had a few of those myself...
LOL! Hey, if it works, it works, right? Your dad sounds awesome :)
ReplyDelete