What is it about marine biology that kids love so much?
I submit that every kid (after he or she grows out of the fireman/princess stage) eventually wants to be a vet, then marine biologist, then back to vet, then back to marine biologist by high school -- just because it sounds smarter.
The appeal of puppies and dolphins, I guess.
A song from my favorite album: "Eyes Like Yours," Shakira, Laundry Service
I am evidently an anomaly. I not only never went through a princess phase, but I've never been that interested in marine biology.
ReplyDeleteI just always wanted to be an astronaut. Still do, I guess...
My childhood fantasy was to be an author!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to be an Oceanographer who went into to space to map the ocean. I am pretty sure this was in part do to my love of Seaquest DSV.
ReplyDeleteTotally wanted to be a marine biologist. Just because when I went on a field trip to Sea World, the guy said that's what he studied in order to be a dolphin trainer. I just liked the idea of having a job where I got to swim every day. Clearly at that point in my life body shame and an intense hatred of bathing suits hadn't kicked in yet.
ReplyDeleteThe oldest three, nope, nope and nope on either, but the next to youngest had wanted to be a vet from the time she was 5. She got accepted to a pre vet program but after an internship where there were tests on rats [involving surgery] she called and said she knew she couldn't do it. She is now a biology major and wants to teach.
ReplyDeleteThe youngest wants to be an artist or a travel writer. She loves adventure.
We just tell them to do what makes them happy and we'll support it - so far it has worked out. Only the one that is supposed to live at home [13 yo] is living with Mom and Dad and they seem happy and self sufficient. :knock on wood: :)
Oh, I could never be a vet; it hurts me too much to see animals suffer and in pain; just couldn't do it!
ReplyDeleteHappy A to Z!
Guilty! I wanted to be a marine biologist because I was (and still am) obsessed with the ocean. Plus playing with Flipper and Shamuu always seemed like fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure I went through all of those stages at least once.
ReplyDelete...except princess, of course...
Matt Conlon dot com
Matt's Brew Log
oh I definitely wanted to train dolphins!
ReplyDeletehiya! I am here through A to Z, and I am giving you an award :)
go pick it up here: http://bit.ly/awardpickup :)
*laughs* I forgot to tell you which one!
ReplyDeleteIt's the one lovely blog award!