By reading an email from another literary agent rejecting poor little Lawyer Girl, sleep-rationalizing that this disappointment deserved an extra thirty minutes of sleep, and then scarfing down a breakfast of packaged Hostess mini blueberry muffins that could probably survive nuclear holocaust.
On the plus side, I now know what to put in my food storage someday.
Of course, they will only be helpful in a non-zombie apocalypse, since with all these trans fats in my belly right now, I couldn't run a mile if my life depended on it.
Rule #1-Cardio.
ReplyDeleteThe fatties were the first to go.
Also, rejection letters always suck to get, but you have get rejected a few times. Have you read Steven King's "On Writing"? He has a pretty excellent section on getting rejection letters.
LOL! Cardio - hilarious! Sorry about the rejection letter, clearly that guy wouldn't know talent if it hit him square in the face! It will get better...one of my favorite sayings is:
ReplyDeleteFall seven times, stand up eight
~Chinese Proverb
Hopefully you find it as motivating as I do! Have a great weekend!