Christmas is coming, and my billable hours are nearly reached. (Woot!) As soon as I hit that sweet 1950, I am done working. I don't care if the world is getting ready to explode and the only thing that could stop it would be me filing an injunction against Terraforma Explosificus. STAYING HOME.* Sorry, fellow Earth-dwellers.
But here's my problem. Let's say I finish all my work this week, which I intend to. I am out next Monday and Tuesday to go to New York to visit various homies. I have an application for attorneys fees to finish Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (which I may actually be able to cram in this week), but then I am done for 2010.
Do I fly home that Friday (or Saturday, or Sunday, depending on how much time I just want to spend wallowing in my apartment, drinking Diet Coke and wearing fuzzy socks) ... or do I wait, and then drive home via Las Vegas to catch the Utes versus Boise matchup in the Maaco Bowl on December 22?
So torn.
* I know some lawyers get what is known as a "bonus" for going above and beyond. But the likelihood of me getting a bonus is low, the potential bonus would be relatively small, and therefore either way, I just don't care that much. YAY FOR MORE VACATION!
If you drive you should read the Larry McMurtry book "Roads". It will give you a new found appreciation of driving.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I am far to pessimistic about the Utes playing Boise to want to attend the sporting match.(please read in a Thurston Howell from Giligan's Island accent).
The idea of billable hours scares me. So badly that I've only applied for government positions ... should I be rethinking my choice? You make it sound doable.
ReplyDeleteI think you should catch the bowl game, so I say drive. YAY for more vacation for you!!! Enjoy your time off and don't do anything I wouldn't do! :)
ReplyDeleteBrooke - I have been trying to figure out a concise response, and I can't, so I'm working on a blog post. But yes, you should apply for firm jobs ... it's really more about who you work with than where you work anyway.
ReplyDelete