OK, it's confession time.
While the first three days of half-marathon training went well (if getting shamefully tired after the second mile can be termed "well"), I must admit I've been off the program for the last five days. It seemed like every day there was a new thing to assemble -- table set, bed, desk -- and by the time I was finished, I was already thrashed. But yesterday friendster Nelson called and asked how the training was going, and I had to ruefully admit that it wasn't going anymore, and my excuses actually weren't very good.
This morning I had every intention of getting up early and putting in the three miles before church. Well, goal was probably a bit misguided to begin with, so we'll see how after church goes.
Sorry blog community, I know I've let you down.*
11 Weeks, 6 Days to Marathon
* I know I haven't let anyone down but me, but it's easier for me to motivate myself when I believe other people have a stake in things. Self-delusion: it's the new Wheaties.
No comments:
Post a Comment