Setting: British Pub.
Conversation Topic: Professional Sports -
Person 1: I just don't enjoy them.
Person 2: You don't get the rules?
Person 1: No, I get the rules.
Person 2: It's boring?
Person 1: No, it's not that.
Person 2: What is it?
Person 1: I just think the athletes are paid too much.
Person 2: ... Well, probably. But ...
Person 1: Like, when you look at ancient Rome, one of the commonalities between their society right before its downfall and ours is that the people were more concerned about entertainment than anything.
Person 2: ...
Person 3: (internally) ... Someone just finished The Hunger Games ...
Person 4: (internally) ... I knew LeBron going to Miami was a sign of the apocalypse.
Person 5: (stares at burger).
The internal comments crack me up, especially person 3. heehee
ReplyDeleteThose internal comments really are funny. And the English major in me loves that you underlined the title of the book. :)
ReplyDeleteI find underlining a must, and it makes me sad you can't underline or italicize blog post titles.
ReplyDelete