I was reading through my old, semi-abandoned NaNoWriMo project the other day and I found poem. (Ahh, fiction inspired by poetry. That NaNo project really was a winner, amiright? At least it wasn't a Blink-182 song.
Confession: wanted to write "Snow Patrol," didn't want to offend fans of Snow Patrol. Concluded that probably no one likes Blink-182 anymore and it was a safe slam. Gee whiz, this blog is edgy.)
My story is set in winter, and I think this is a winter time poem if there ever was one. Please enjoy.
Canis Major -Robert Frost
The great OverdogThat heavenly beast
With a star in one eye
Gives a leap in the east.
He dances upright
All the way to the west
And never once drops
On his forefeet to rest.
I'm a poor underdog
But to-night I will bark
With that great Overdog
That romps through the dark.
Hi Ru
ReplyDeleteJust to let you know that a good friend of mine has nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award and you are mentioned in his blog today as a result:
http://oscarsparrow.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/lets-get-kreativ-with-the-truth-the-whole-truth-well-90-of-it/
You can find out the instructions for retaining the award on the blog post.
He does not have a blogger account and was unable to leave the message - so I did it for him.
Best wishes
Emma Calin on behalf of Oscar Sparrow
Thank you for letting me know, that's so sweet!
Delete