Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

This sums up the difference between Hannah and Diego:

After coming home from a date the other night, I found myself puzzled.  We'd had great conversation and a fun time on three different occasions, and yet ... I was pretty sure he was not that into me.

It's just a gut feeling you get sometimes, and mine are usually right.  Despite three hours of dazzling conversation (ok, fine, I probably shouldn't have talked so much about the capital gains tax, but in my defense HE WAS INTO IT), this was going absolutely nowhere.

As I laid on the rug in the living room, trying to figure out where I'd gone awry, I had a brilliant idea.  I looked up at Hannah and Diego on the couch, where they were watching New Girl.  "Hey!  Next time I have a good date lined up, will you guys go to the restaurant, pretend you're on a date, and secretly evaluate my behavior?"

Hannah: "Hell no."

Diego: "Absolutely! But you'll have to sign something beforehand agreeing to not be upset by any of my observations or conclusions."

4 comments:

  1. Will you rent Diego out as a live-in advice columnist, tension breaker, and general bestie for life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is, both responses sound like the right answer.

    ReplyDelete