Whenever I watch Jaws,* I get a little teary-eyed (shocking, right?) when the boy on the yellow floatie dies. Oddly enough, this is a fairly recent phenomenon, as the first time I saw Jaws I must have been 7 years old, and I don't remember being particularly troubled. (Aside from the nightmares, natch.)
At some point during my adulthood, I realized that the little boy's mother reminds me of my mother.
Extra creepy.
* In case you were wondering, I'm watching Jaws in honor of my current study schedule: Professional Responsibility (ie, lawyer ethics).
This is my daughter's all time favorite movie [what can I say? I have a weird 12 year old] but do you know I have never seen the whole thing from start to finish. It always scared the bejeebies out of me.
ReplyDeleteNow I will have to watch it to see what you mean about "your" Mom.
Good luck with the studying. ~SkippyMom~