In case you ever wonder why people in impoverished countries both admire/resent Americans, look no further than your good internet friend Ru from Austin.
I now own TWO laptops.
Why?
Because my Macbook Pro, which I love more than I could love a human child (what? Is that offensive?) has an outdated operating system. I am planning to take the Utah bar in T-24 days. In its infinite wisdom (and I say that with all due respect, Character and Fitness People), the Utah Bar chose to mandate Exam Soft for all bar-taking purposes, instead of the faaaaaaaaar superior Exam 4. (Repeat: far superior.) So I set out to update my Macbook (sweet, sweet Macbook) and then, wait a second, I also need Bootcamp? And Windows 7?
Grumble grumble grumble.
So instead of buying a lot of stuff that I don't want for the computer I adore, I waddled (yes, waddled, all I've eaten during my study sessions have been chips, salsa and jelly beans) off to my local Best Buy and bought a brand new Toshiba PC,* preloaded with Windows 7. IT WAS ACTUALLY THE CHEAPER OPTION.
But hey, at least I will have the fun adventure of posting a lightly used laptop on Craigslist next month.
*Please don't be jealous, Macbook Pro. Toshiba means nothing to me. Nothing!**
** Please don't take that the wrong way, Toshiba, you're great too. And I really need you to perform for me on July 27. It's just that you and I are not meant to be. I'm sure you will find the love you're looking for ... on Craigslist.
No comments:
Post a Comment