Have I really not blogged a blog in almost a month? Yikes, friends. Yikes.
While I've been not blogging, I've been doing some regular writing, some critiquing, and a lot of reading. My bloggy sloth is now your reading gain, because I have some recommendations for the peanut gallery.
THE ROSIE PROJECT by Graeme Simsion (currently on sale - $1.99 for Kindle!)
I cannot recommend this book more highly. I was literally the person laughing out loud in public while I was reading it. It's funny, charming, romantic, and smart.
MEET DON TILLMAN, a brilliant yet socially challenged professor of
genetics, who’s decided it’s time he found a wife. And so, in the
orderly, evidence-based manner with which Don approaches all things, he
designs the Wife Project to find his perfect partner: a sixteen-page,
scientifically valid survey to filter out the drinkers, the smokers, the
late arrivers.
Rosie Jarman is all these things. She also is
strangely beguiling, fiery, and intelligent. And while Don quickly
disqualifies her as a candidate for the Wife Project, as a DNA expert
Don is particularly suited to help Rosie on her own quest: identifying
her biological father. When an unlikely relationship develops as they
collaborate on the Father Project, Don is forced to confront the
spontaneous whirlwind that is Rosie—and the realization that, despite
your best scientific efforts, you don’t find love, it finds you.
Arrestingly
endearing and entirely unconventional, Graeme Simsion’s distinctive
debut will resonate with anyone who has ever tenaciously gone after life
or love in the face of great challenges. The Rosie Project is a rare find: a book that restores our optimism in the power of human connection.
TRAGIC TALES OF STRANGE GIRLS by Suzy G (only $.99!)
I am friends with Suz, and she's a delight. Her short stories, however, are creeptastic. If you like horror and you like short stories (which I consider to be a rare art -- packing a whole story arc into 5-10 pages is no easy feat), then you should definitely download this collection post-haste.
Let me know if you read either one and we can discuss. Happy Monday!
Heck yes, I said "Happy Monday."

No comments:
Post a Comment