I was thinking about this question today.
Undoubtedly, I started because of universal acclaim -- wherever I go, people tell me I'm witty, charming, hilarious and wise, and I got sick of everyone asking, "Do you have a blog that I can follow?" What can I say, I'm a giver.
Really, I started because I missed writing on a regular basis from my days at The Daily Utah Chronicle when I was an undergrad at the Blessed U. (Yup, still going with that.) Also, I love complaining. (Which I did a lot of at the DUC.) And bitching. (A distinct artform from complaining.)
But recently, I've come to realize that it's because when I start a morning here at work and think, "What shall I do with my day today? Shall I start with doc review? Or organizing discovery files?" all I have to look forward to is (1) the few minutes I spend posting one of these bad boys, (2) the google alerts letting me know one of you all has blogged a blog and (3) the red blinking light on my Blackberry, alerting me that someone has commented, wahoo!
(Not begging for comments, but seriously, you have no idea how much I love that red light. It really doesn't even matter what email prompted it. I COULD EARN 5,000 MORE DELTA MILES?!?!?!?!?! THANKS, DELTA!)
What?
You didn't know it was all about self-gratification?
Silly reader.
No comments:
Post a Comment