Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

writing music

Lately I am obsessed with The Lower Lights, a local folk band that records old Gospel songs and Christmas music. Along those lines, I've probably played this version of Come Thou Fount by Sufjan Stevens about twenty times in the last week. (I obsess over certain songs. You don't even want to know what number is next to Adele's "Hello" on my iTunes.) (Or, to be completely honest, "See You Again" by Miley Cyrus. IT WAS CATCHY.)

Ditto to Queen (specifically Fat Bottom Girls, which I tried to make the song Hailey and Will left their wedding to ... before someone cut it off. But seriously, listen to it! It's the perfect "grand exit" song and I mentally use it in SEVERAL scenes.)

Are there any songs catching your fancy lately?

Edited to add: I wrote this post and scheduled it this weekend, but as of this morning, I've been adding a lot of David Bowie to the playlist. My characters definitely approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment