Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

goal updates: week 1

This past week I read two books (Big Magic* and I'll Give You The Sun**), went to the gym just once and skied once. I also bought new flowers yesterday and attempted making stew for Sunday dinner. It went ... reasonably well.

Date night was fun -- Nick and I took my dad to see The Revenant. (Will someone just give Leonardo di'Caprio his Oscar already? No, I don't think it was his best role, but it's getting ridiculous.) The cinematography was gorgeous, the violence level was extremely high (and I've got a high squeamishness tolerance), and overall I think it was a good movie but don't think I'd see it again.

(I also managed to annoy Nick a little by leaning over at one point and asking, "Do you think a boulder is going to come out of nowhere and hit him next?"

But for reals, The Revenant. For reals.)

The one thing I probably won't finish this week is making a dessert -- we were shooting for tres leches cake, but that may have to wait until Monday.

Until the next update -- we're over and out!


* Generally recommended. There are a few passages that had me resisting the urge to roll my eyes (it's a little ... new agey at times), but in general, it gave me a lot to think about in regards to my writing habits.

** Strongly recommended, though with the caveat -- it took me a little while to get into the story. I nearly gave up initially and I am so glad I didn't. Everyone who gushed about this book was right.

1 comment:

  1. You just summed up my feelings on The Revenant 100%. It's good, but not something I want to see again. Leo was good, but it wasn't his best role, but seriously, just give him the Oscar already.

    ReplyDelete