Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

reading lately: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

My work schedule has finally calmed down, which means a return to your regularly scheduled reading, writing, occasionally cleaning program! This weekend I read BIG LITTLE LIES by Liane Moriarty and I definitely recommend it. I love a good dark comedy. I laughed out loud several times and came close to crying on more than one occasion (keep in mind, I am a sucker for certain dramatic moments).

More importantly, I have found that when I am reading, writing comes much easier. (Though I'll also admit that reading a fantastic book like BIG LITTLE LIES can also result in some serious intimidation factor. Everything has its ups and downs.)

About the book:
Set in an Australian suburb, Big Little Lies focuses on three women, all of whom have children at the same preschool. One is a great beauty married to a fabulously rich businessman; they have a “perfect” set of twins. One is the can-do mom who can put together a mean pre-school art project but can’t prevent her teenage daughter from preferring her divorced dad. The third is a withdrawn, single mother who doesn’t quite fit in. Right from the start--thanks to a modern “Greek chorus” that narrates the action--we know that someone is going to end up dead. The questions are who and how. 



Let me know what you think of it!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun! I'm adding it to my TBR list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing good things about this book. Definitely want to read it as soon as I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a book that tells a very vivid tale about bullying, misunderstandings, causes gone wrong and what it's like to live with a bully. I cannot tell you enough how incredible this book is.

    Marlene
    Top rated Movers in San Antonio

    ReplyDelete