Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

pitch wars

I love lurking on writing contests.

I always read the entries on Mother.Write and Miss Snark's First Victim. I follow the #pitmad hashtags, curious to see which friends are getting favorited by which agents. I even entered a couple, long ago, with my now-shelved, possibly-someday-to-be-self-published (but probably not, because I'm not sure I have the stomach for it) romantic comedy.

Since that old manuscript, I've written two more books. One we shall not speak of for many months to come (for ... reasons ...) and one that I hope to begin querying this fall.

I've been revising, thanks to some excellent CP feedback, and while there are still a few things I need to smooth over, I am spending my evening searching through Pitch Wars mentor bios. I'm probably jinxing myself by mentioning it, but this post will prevent me from later chickening out.

Anyone else thinking of Pitch Wars-ing it? Let's strategize together.

And now, a summertime party pic.

Because I love my porch.


No comments:

Post a Comment