Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

First lines

Awhile back, all my Facebook writerly friends were posting the first lines from the first three chapters of their current works-in-progress. Since I am a big-ole-lemming, I am going to do the same--except cheat and do the first line, first two lines, and first three lines.

(Brief foreword: this book is written in multiple POV, which is a decision I really love. Various readers that I all respect have had different opinions on this decision, so I am currently rolling the dice and sticking with it. I guess we will find out if that was an awful idea or not come #PitchWars, amiright?)

First chapter (Jenna)


              I love Elin Angstrom to death, but it pisses me the hell off that she tried to kill herself.

 Second chapter (Ket)


             Not for the first time, I wished that we could just tell Teddy about Elin’s Incident.
             Partly because as one of her oldest friends, he deserved to know. 

Third chapter (Rosie)


The last thing I wanted to do was put on the prom dress hanging on my closet door. But if I didn’t get up and change soon, my step-dad Will was going to pop his head into my room and try to talk about my feelings.
And neither one of us was that great at talking about feelings.

I tag all the other writer folks to do the same -- put the link to your blog post in the comments so I can go check you out!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is fun!

    Also, I want to participate, but I'm a little scared. I have posts scheduled the rest of this week. I'll do it next week. For reals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I'm excited to see it :)

      Delete
    2. I just scheduled it for next week. Thanks for giving me the guts to do it!

      Delete
  2. love! Also love that you have more than one MC. I'm currently working on an MS with four POVs told in third person and it is a pain in the butt. Not sure I'm pulling it off, but at least I'm stretching my writing muscles. Congrats on the agent news!

    ReplyDelete