Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

depression

I don't know about you all, but normally celebrity deaths don't really upset me. I mean, it's sad, but I didn't know them, right?

For some reason, Robin Williams' death feels really different.

Maybe it's because his movies were such a cultural touchstone within my childhood. Maybe it's because we have this cultural belief that funny people must also be happy people.

I don't know what I want to blog about, other than to say what we already know -- depression is no joke, people. There's no reason why it hits some people and not others and it always needs to be taken seriously.

If you know someone who is depressed, don't try to "cheer them up."


If you suffer with depression, tell somebody. And if that person doesn't take it seriously, tell another person. Keep going until you get the help you need, because it's out there.

Anyway.

Here's a fun video for everyone. We could all use a smile.



1 comment:

  1. Depression is a terrible, terrible thing. It's so insidious.

    You're right, this celebrity death feels different.

    ReplyDelete