Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Totes my goats

Lately I haven't been doing too much other than work, reading, and hanging out on the couch. It sounds like a rut, and when it comes to writing I have to admit it is, but I've been enjoying it.

If you're in your own rut, feel free to check out Homeland (season 2), Breaking Bad, Eleanor and Park, Fangirl (double recommendation for Fangirl, in fact), and Project Runway (R.I.P., Kate. Your dresses were too cute for a show that has kept Alexandria and her weird tattered skirts).

Last night I went to a mini-law school reunion because a friend was in town. I forgot how much I liked hanging out with old friends and gossiping like crazy.* My friend Roger introduced me to the phrase "totes my goats," which he says he can only use at work without criticism, since his kids groan, "Dad, don't say that!" every time he uses at work.

You guys, we are officially old.




* Favorite law school reminiscence: Our friend T, who received the pro bono award at graduation for providing the most service in our entire class. T was also into gangsta rap, flat brimmed hats, and thought he was seriously thugged out because he was from the ghetto of Utah (West Valley City). The combination was amazing--"I just love helping people, muthafu**ahs!"

3 comments:

  1. You've probably seen this, but if not, here you go:

    http://www.westelm.com/products/mrk-market-tote-bag-totes-ma-goats-d1098/?bnrid=3917500&cm_ven=AfCmtyCont&cm_cat=Polyvore&cm_pla=CJ&cm_ite=Std

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhhh! I had not seen it, thanks!

      Delete
  2. I really need to get caught up on Homeland. I've only seen the first three episodes.

    ReplyDelete