Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oh boy

Well, things have been ... strange ... in Ru Land the last little while. Here's a rundown:

1. New neighbor drama. I shan't bore you with the details, but in essence, my neighbors threatened to sue me, I told them to go ahead (because their "case" is terrible-to-non-existent), I immediately regretted my decision (despite their terrible case), but Diego is still in full support. He hopes they do sue us, and when we win he wants to make a banner for the roof that says, COME AT US, NEIGHBORS!

2. Hannah moved out of the house and in with S'Wally. It's a sad day for me, Diego, and Spence, but a happy day for Hannah. (Well, a little sad for Hannah, too. There really aren't any better roommates than me and Diego. Sorry, S'Wally.)

Speaking of Hannah, last week was (in her words), the week of shy, mild-mannered girls politely sticking up for themselves. (See my exchange above with the neighbors.) (What? You didn't realize that real me was shy and mild-mannered? I apologize for having misled you.)

Hannah works in [censored to ensure Hannah's future employment] and has one client above all others who makes her life M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E. She and that client were scheduled for a review, and the client told Hannah how disappointing her performance had been, how Hannah was rude and disrespectful toward her, and how no one appreciated her enough.

Hannah (GO HANNAH!) replied, "I'm sorry you feel that way, Client, and I will work on it. But to be honest, I also feel the same way. You are very short and condescending to me, and overly demanding of my time, and I don't appreciate it. But I do appreciate all the other wonderful things you do."

Client refused to look at Hannah for the rest of the meeting.

3. New writing drama.

Oh friends. There's a reason why everything is so very secret in writing land. It's because when things suddenly change in a direction that is surprising and frankly disappointing, you don't have to tell that many people about the new circumstances.

So I've slunk off to my little corner for a week of self-pity, followed by a new project beginning this week, hence the blog silence.

What have you all been up to? Spill, spill! 


3 comments:

  1. Crazy about the neighbors. Why do people have to be difficult toward the people that live near them? I will never understand.

    Sorry about Hannah moving out, but I hope it's a great situation for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've moved out the madras and seersucker to make way for tweed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, you have to tell us about the neighbor drama, you can't just tease us.

    ReplyDelete