Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

They call me Stacey, they call me Jane

I have a secret.

My name isn't Ru.

ARE YOU SHOCKED?

I know, you're totally not.

Slowly but surely, I've got to transition from semi-anonymous-girl to ... slightly-less-anonymous-girl.

It's probably always going to be important for me to keep my writing life separate from my self as LawyerGirl. I hope this doesn't come as a shock to anyone, but most writers don't make much money. Even if I didn't love being a lawyer (which I do), I would need to keep my day job. You guys, I

More than that, I am not into ... whatever it is ... that causes people to want to share all their personal, intimate details on the internet.

And Then She Was Like Blah Blah Blah: Funny Stories, No Relationship Problems or Naked Toddlers (TM).

But when it came time to pick a pseudonym, I kind of didn't know what I wanted. I mean, the goal is to one day be able to sign this name on something, and I knew it would be weird to sign Cindy Lightballoon or whatever.

So I picked ...

RuthAnne Snow.

People who know me in real life might be rolling their eyes right now, thinking I've made some sort of pun -- and if that's you, shhhhhh, keep it to yourself. My life as LawyerGirl depends on a ladies-n-gentlemen's agreement with all you folks, so be cool, okay?

But I'm actually not making a joke at all. Ruth Snow was my grandma's name. And that seemed like a better choice than any other I could have made.

So if you all could help me transition into the world of Sort Of Identifying Myself, I would really appreciate it. If you could "like" my (gulp) Facebook author page, I would be eternally grateful.

https://www.facebook.com/RuthAnneSnow

(PS - In case you, like me, never quite got the deal with "liking" things on Facebook, here it is. Amazon and Google factor in Facebook likes when they calculate where you fall in search results. REALLY. So here's to pimping ourselves out!)


1 comment:

  1. haha I like that pseudonym, and it's a cool bonus that it has a family relation for you.

    ReplyDelete