Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Sharing books

(After picking Diego up from the airport ...)

Me: Did you finish The Fault in Our Stars while you were away?

Diego: Yes.

Me: Did you love it?

Diego: Yes. But it was also one of the most humiliating experiences of my life. I was on a flight with a high school volleyball team, sitting next to some 18 year old kid and his butch dad, sniffling and gasping quietly for three hours from Vegas to New Orleans.

Me: Didn't you just tell them how awesome the book was?

Diego: I could barely talk through the tears!

***

Hannah and I recommended The Fault in Our Stars to Diego after the universe recommended it to us. I would also recommend the following to you:

For lovers of horror and all things quirky: Hemlock Grove by Brian McGreevy

For lovers of horror and grim, misanthropic views of humanity: Under the Dome by Stephen King

For the young at heart: The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart

For the young at heart with a creepy twist: Mind Games by Kiersten White

For the political junkie: Game Change by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin

Any recommendations for me? C'mon, that list is gold!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read Under the Dome, but now that the show is on...I'm not sure if I should read it or wait until the season is over.

    ReplyDelete