Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Roommate habits

The other day, I was trying to convince Hannah to do something she didn't want to do.

"You're totally bailing on me!" I wailed.

"I never technically agreed to go," she replied.

Diego piped up: You got Hannah'd.

What is Hannah-ing, you might ask? Well, it's when you silent sit through other people making plans, allowing them to assume that you acquiesce, and then quietly going down to the basement without saying goodbye.


"Come on, Hannah, it will be sooo fun!" I argued.

Hannah raised her eyebrows. "You know you're Ru'ing right now, don't you?"

Ru'ing is apparently when you try to sell an activity as more fun than it is, even if you know it will probably suck. ("We're all going to get sooo tan after working in the yard all day!")

Diego pointed out many past examples of Hannah'ing and getting Ru'd, and finally Hannah said, "So what is Diego'ing?"

Oh, that one's easy. Saying you're going to be somewhere at 7:30 PM, and showing up at a quarter to 9.

This is what happens when you've known your roommates for 13 (Diego and Hannah), 10 (me and Hannah), and 7 (me and Diego) years.

3 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean! We have similar things in my group of friends. I always know Marly will be 30 minutes late, I'll be the first to show up, and Stacey is going to have everything looking fabulous, including herself and her children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a sitcom in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is matter of luck to finding a good roommate for you.The link below is much helpful rgarding it.
    Roommate

    ReplyDelete