Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H is for ... "Have you heard about ...?"

One funny thing, one hopeful thing.

I may be the last person on the planet to find this little gem, but if you're into Jane Austen, check out The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, an online adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. (Lizzie's a grad student! Jane's a fashion intern! Darcy runs a digital media company! Kitty is actually a cat!)

The girl playing Lizzie can be ... a bit much, initially. But she grows on you. Stick it out for a couple episodes, you'll see what I mean.

Now for the hopeful thing.

Many of you may read Robin Ambrose's blog and may have already heard about this, but David Farland's son Ben was recently in a long boarding accident that left him severely injured. The family doesn't have any medical insurance and Ben's medical bills may reach into the million dollar range.

Robin and some other writers are organizing a book bomb for Ben. Basically, a book bomb is when everyone buys a book during the same 24 hour period, hopefully driving that book into Amazon or Barnes and Noble's Top 100 Best-Seller List for that day. More people are then able to see the book, and they buy it too.

Ben's dad David has written a lot of great books, but the two books we're focusing on tomorrow are Million Dollar Outlines (nonfiction about writing craft) and Nightingale (young adult fantasy). From noon on Wednesday, April 10th, until noon on Thursday, April 11th, if you could buy one or both of these books, it would really help Ben and his family. And I've heard they're awesome, so that's a win-win!

See Robin's blog for more details.

3 comments:

  1. How have I missed the Lizzie Bennett Diaries?? Off to check it out.

    And that book bomb sounds like a great thing. I hope it is a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, I've only seen a little of of LBD but I intend to binge on the series soon :) I'm always late to webseries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, I can't believe they're over! And thanks for sharing the book bomb, that's amazing, I'll definitely be helping out.

    ReplyDelete