Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

30 by 30

Well, I've been pondering this post for awhile -- mostly because I can't think of 30 awesome things I want to accomplish in the next year. So if you all have any suggestions, I am all ears!

1. Publish a book

This one can include signing a contract to publish a book or self-publishing a book.

2. Plan a trip outside the country

Why does it say "plan" instead of "go on"? Because the best time for me to go on a grand vacation is probably next summer, at which point I'll already be 30, haha.

3. Get Spencer registered as a therapy dog.

This one will be tough, as I think Spencer will also have to learn some obedience ...

4. Run a 5K

5. Lose 15 pounds and keep it off

6. Learn to cook 15 new recipes successfully

7. Remodel my kitchen

8. Take a surfing lesson

9. Read 52 books

Already started! Silver Linings Playbook, Gone Girl, The Fault in Our Stars

10. Plant a garden. Keep it alive.

... and that's all I've got. I know, I'm pathetic! Does anyone have 20 more suggestions for me?

6 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at your number 10. I planted a garden and the rabbits ate most of it. Giving up and plan to visit the local farmer's market a lot this summer. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11. Get a kiss from Jeremy Renner

    12. Pee on top of Mt. Everest

    13. Hold Wills and Kate's new baby

    14. Star as an extra in the next Peter Jackson movie

    15. Streak at a hockey game (but you might want to wear knee-pads in case you slip on the ice)

    16. Go on one of those Jane Austen retreats where you dress up and act and speak like a character from a regency novel and flirt with your very own Mr. Darcy

    17. Start a new religion. Call it Ru-ism

    18. Paint a picture. Attempt to sell it for a million dollars

    19. Cut your hair so it looks just like Calhoun's from Wreck-It Ralph

    20. Play Pictureka with my kids because they keep bugging me to. Oh wait, that one should be on my list.

    That's all I've got. Someone else can come up with the last ten, I've got a game of Pictureka to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. These are too fun! I can't pick a favorite - laughing heartily at each and every one.

      Delete
  3. I just started by 35x35 a couple days ago - I've got 15 months to do everything... I'm up to 24, I think, so I've got some thinking to do to round out that list too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am trying to figure out how the heck to certify my dog as an emotional support service animal. if you're doing the same thing i would love for you to go full dog owner and post a tutorial on how the freak you make that happen, because i'm at a loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some great goals. Any ideas where you're going for your big trip?

    ReplyDelete