1. I want to visit India. The trick is apparently finding a travel buddy. Everyone wants to go to Paris, no one wants to go to Mumbai.
2. I really hate texting. A subset of that hatred is the "hey" text -- when someone tries to initiate a conversation with the word "hey" and sometimes nothing else. But even more than that? I hate the "hey [adjective or sometimes noun]" text.
In the last two weeks, a guy has tried to initiate conversation with me by texting the following:
"Hey hot stuff!"
And last night when I logged on to Facebook, an IM that said, "Hey sexy."
Just ... gross.
Fortunately for this kid, I do believe there's a lid for every pot out there, so all he has to do is find a girl who is easily flattered and enjoys really tiny conversations.
3. Despite sharing a few horror date stories, I mostly prefer to keep to myself about my various romantic misadventures. While the goal is to find a guy who fits into my group of friends and family, I don't especially want to have to talk to them about him.
4. I am terrible at setting people up, but the one exception is after someone moves to a different state. Then suddenly I realize that he/she is perfect for her/him, and why can't I ever figure that out while people live in the same area code?
5. I hate mushrooms and barely tolerate tomatoes. My parents predicted my entire life that I would grow out of these hatreds -- nope. But I did grow out of my hatred of hummus, so that's something.
6. I am afflicted with what my family lovingly calls "Lassie Complex," ie SOMEONE-FELL-DOWN-A-WELL???-CAN-I-HELP?-CAN-I-HELP? complex.
So you know, when I say I went to law school because I wanted to "help people," it's true. I pathologically want to help people.
I'm considering seeing a therapist about it.
7. Despite being Mormon, it really bugs me when Mormons-in-their-Mormon-capacity show up at my door, unannounced. This has nothing to do with being Mormon per se, and everything to do with having a Mormon purpose.
Random Mormon coming for a friendly (previously announced) visit? Fine.
Mormon coming over (usually unannounced) to get all Mormon up in my grill? Less than appreciated.
And for the record, I do apply the same standard to myself. So when I am assigned to bring someone (usually a stranger) cookies for church because their hair got over-processed at the salon, I drop those cookies with a nice note on the porch and run like a bandit.
8. I would totally go on The Bachelor for the vacations. And if the producers asked me to cry my eyes out in the reject limo in exchange for a free trip to Costa Rica, I would whip out my Vicks Vapo Rub and blubber like a champ.
I have no shame when it comes to vacations.
9. I want a pocket pig. In fact, I would pay an obscene amount of money for a pocket pig, and am considering fencing my backyard for the sole purpose of buying one this summer.