Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Twenty-six acts of kindness

Go here if you want to know what I'm talking about.

Here's my list. I will add to it as I finish my acts of kindness. If you have any ideas or suggestions, I would love to hear them. (I may run out of ideas, so please make suggestions.)

And if you decide to do your own 26* acts of kindness, leave a comment and let me know! Or follow it on Twitter -- the hashtag is #26Acts or #20Acts.

1. Bought clothes for a little boy and little girl for Sub for Santa (12/17)
2. Donated a bag of groceries to Utah Food Bank (12/18)
3. Donated clothes to Deseret Industries (12/18)
4. Bought a flock of geese for a family in poverty (12/18) (See Heifer.org for more information)
5. Donated to the Human Rights Commission (12/19)
6. Delivered treats to neighbors (12/24)
7. Gave spare change to Salvation Army bell ringer (12/24)
8. Covered for a coworker (12/24)
9. Prepared Christmas dinner for a friend in need ("prepared" to be loosely interpreted) (12/25)
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.


(* I've added 27, for Nancy Lanza. But since it's being called "Twenty-six Acts" online, I figured it was easier to just add one than try to rename it.)




"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world." 
- Fred Rogers

3 comments:

  1. I saw this on Twitter last night and think it's such a good idea. I'm going to try to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pay for someone behind you in a line or a drive through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, good suggestion, Anna! Karen, let me know what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete