Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

City sidewalks, busy sidewalks

Does anyone else sometimes hear "Silver Bells" and feel a little depressed about their life choices?

I mean, I have never, not once, rushed home with my "treasures." I have, however, rushed home with stuff I feel relatively confident my friends and family will like, but could have easily could have purchased themselves. I've also rushed home with junk that will clearly be exchanged after Christmas, but I was too embarrassed to just buy a gift card.

Have you ever successfully purchased a "treasure" for someone else? I would genuinely like to hear about it, if so.

Good luck out there, it's a jungle down at the mall!

It's coming along ...

5 comments:

  1. I created a canvas out of a photograph for my aunt last Christmas. I knew she would love it, and she does :)

    I hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am usually the world's worst gift-giver. I can love the person a lot and still not know what would be something they'd love and would not think of getting for themselves. This was all the worse because I had an ex who was an amazing gift-giver. He gave me this soft lovely blanket I still use six years later, he gave me the Calvin & Hobbes boxed set, etc.

    But this year I am legitimately excited because I definitely have something I feel like are treasures for my husband (some awesome framed craft beer posters for his office), sister (roller derby stuff) and my in-laws (fine chocolate tasting class at Caputos).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, Di - those are some SERIOUSLY solid presents. I am impressed :)

      Delete
  3. ugh, no. Which is why I am a total grinch about gift giving, and especially about receiving gifts. If people are going to badger me for weeks to tell them what I want (essentially picking out my own gift), and then make me give them detailed instructions on where to get it and how to get it, I'd honestly just rather buy my own stuff. Especially since then I don't have to figure out what I really really want in October and then just sit around waiting to see or use it until the end of December.

    PSA to anyone on the internet thinking of giving me a gift - let's just go to a movie together in January instead, mmkay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH, my siblings demand a Christmas list in October. October! I feel your pain.

      Delete