Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Ode to my weekend

There were lots of things I planned to do with this weekend.

I was going to finish revising a couple of projects. I was going to decorate for Halloween. I was going to do some yard work. I was going to finish my Halloween costume and go to a party. I was going to the Blackout game when Utah played Cal.

Instead ...

The basement flooded Saturday morning,* prompting many shrill phone calls to a plumber. I showered at Diego's grandma's, hopeful that the problem would be resolved swiftly and additional weekend plans need not be derailed.

Long story short = not swift and definitely derailed.

I must say, the best part of adult life is saving up for a kitchen remodel only to need your money for potential dog brain surgery ... and then redoing your plumbing.

(Farewell, kitchen dreams. May we meet sometime around 2015.)

And planning a patio for your backyard, and spending weeks meticulously completing it, only to find out you need to jackhammer through the cement so the plumber can reach the buried valve he needs.

(Farewell, sweet patio. You were actually a giant pain in my butt, and it gives me a sick sense of pleasure to destroy you.)

And then, the worst part of all. Diego and I went out to fetch breakfast for our intrepid flooded-basement-cleaner-uppers (namely, Hannah and her boyfriend). McDonalds is advertising something called "holiday pie" for 79 cents, and it looks delicious. But despite having it on the menu, NEITHER McDonalds we went to had any yet. No, apple is not ok.**



* I am positive this is a direct result of me making fun of Taylor Swift and undecided voters. I hereby repent of all my snarky opinions, with due and proper consideration, in perpetuity.

(Not really, obvs.)

** Yes, we went to two. It was a rough day.

5 comments:

  1. i know it makes zero financial sense, but the idea of ownig a home and having to be responsible for all that kind of stuff gives me serious anxiety attacks. I think I'm good with renting for a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know it makes zero financial sense, but the idea of ownig a home and having to be responsible for all that kind of stuff gives me serious anxiety attacks. I think I'm good with renting for a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know it makes zero financial sense, but the idea of ownig a home and having to be responsible for all that kind of stuff gives me serious anxiety attacks. I think I'm good with renting for a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know it makes zero financial sense, but the idea of ownig a home and having to be responsible for all that kind of stuff gives me serious anxiety attacks. I think I'm good with renting for a few more years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. This sounds like a horrible weekend!! So sorry you went through this. I hope everything works out okay!

    ReplyDelete