Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My lunch hour: as described by instant messaging

Me: Can you bring me lunch? I saw on Twitter that you are somewhere delicious.

Echo: Sorry, I just left.

Me: Curse you!

Echo: Why didn't you bring lunch from home?

Me: I woke up late. I always wake up late. And the worst part is, even when I am running late, I still usually leave for work before Diego and Hannah, and then they make themselves delicious lunches. And then I come home, hungry as a baby velociraptor, and discover they ATE ALL THE GOOD LEFTOVERS AND YOGURT FLAVORS. And the cycle of eating out continues.

*     *    *

Me: I wish we worked closer together and could meet for lunch like Leslie and Ann.*

Hannah: Ugh, me too. I ate desk soup today, which is what I call the emergency can of soup in my drawer.

Me: I wish I had desk soup ... why am I the worst? I never remember to bring lunch.

Hannah: Last week I had Jimmy Johns three times.

Me: I wish I had a Jimmy Johns ...

Hannah: Not gonna lie, it is pretty nice. They bring it right to my desk!

Me: I know this will sound super specific, but I don't understand why there isn't a cute and affordable Cuban restaurant with good takeout in [the area where I work] that would be a 2 minute drive or 10 minute walk. That seems like something that would be both profitable and super convenient for me personally. And yet it's nothing but personal residences as far as the eye can see.




(In case you couldn't tell, I AM STARVING.)



* From Parks and Recreation. We have an ongoing debate about who is Leslie and who is Ann, though it's probably a 70-30 split on both scores. (Me 70% Leslie, Hannah 70% Ann, that beautiful tropical fish.)

No comments:

Post a Comment