Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

just like begrudgingly cleaning your room in high school ...

... I have realized I need to rewrite the beginning of my current work-in-progress,* abbreviated over to the right over there (yes ... over there, keep looking, ahh, you found it) as JRgtC. Wish me luck, friendos, and that I keep my goal of finishing by the end of September all the same.

* Little-known-Ru-fact? I hate nicknames and acronyms. I hate them with the passion of a thousand burning suns. I have never L'dOL. I do not ROFL, and I suspect neither have you. I did not go see LOTR:RotK, I went to see Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, or more likely, Lord of the Rings 3. (Yes, I was that person.) I do not watch Sunny, I watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and yes, I know that title is ridiculously long.

And as such, I refuse to say "WIP" instead of "work in progress," or "crit" when I mean "critique," just like I refused to call the "Gibson Reading Room" the "Gibby" in law school. (Unless I was referring to the Gibby Goblin, the one student who was always there when you arrived in the morning ... and left at night ... but that's a different matter.)

I don't know why this is, and if you like "WIP" or whatever, more power to you. I just can't support it, personally.

This is also why I am a subpar tweeter.

Current playlist (good for lawyerin and writin):

1. "Wanted" by Hunter Hayes
2. "Wicked Way" by Benjamin Taylor
3. "One Thing," One Direction (you will have to turn down the speakers for this one, unless you want your peers and colleagues to judge the hell out of you)
4. "Bizarre Love Triangle," New Order
5. "Radioactive," Imagine Dragons
6. "Wild at Heart," Gloriana
7. "Neon Lights," Natasha Bedingfield
8. "One More Night," Maroon 5
9. "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," Taylor Swift
10. "Blown Away," Carrie Underwood
11. "50 Ways to Say Goodbye," Train
12. "Time is Love," Josh Turner
13. "Enter Telephone," DJs from Mars (Youtube it. You can thank me later.)


(I know everyone else gets all fancy with their Spotifys and embedded playlists, but I'd actually recommend Grooveshark. Just food for thought.)

3 comments:

  1. Yes to the Grooveshark recommendation! It always have whatever obscure live cover version of some song that I'm looking for, unlike Spotify. Plus, it doesn't tell Facebook what I'm listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for not abbreviating EVERYTHING!! Most of the time I can get it, but a lot of time is wasted, especially when I'm not actively involved in the occupation or religion being discussed.

    I'll have to check out the Grooveshark. Because I'm not all about the facebook knowing what I'm doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Grooveshark, but it kept crashing on me. I'm still on Pandora and haven't switched to Spotify. I don't think my friends on Facebook need to know every single song I'm listening to.

    ReplyDelete