Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sorry, future spawn

I've been re-watching season 3 of Breaking Bad to get ready for my inevitable marathon of season 4. (This is just what happens when you have an obsessive personality, people. Deal with it.)

Aside from my general distaste for Skyler (the most annoying wife on the planet), what is the deal with listening to Old McDonald in your car just because you have an infant in the back? A three month old can't tell the difference between nursery songs and adult music. Gag.

I'm calling it now: I will not change my music listening habits post-kid. (And yes, I know that a lot of people will predict that apparently your entire personality and all opinions change post-kid ... but just go with me on this one.)

8 comments:

  1. I'll be honest, I have relented a little; it helps that bands like They Might Be Giants have children's albums. Luckily, my kids tell me they like rock n' roll, so normally I can find something we agree on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered that too! I understand listening to kids music when you're kids understand it. I guess it's because I grew up on my parent's music. When I didn't like their music anymore, I felt fine enough to tell them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when your kid starts dropping the F-bomb in front of your in-laws or quotes a very inappropriate set of lyrics in kindergarten resulting in a DCFS investigation into sexual abuse, you may have a change of heart.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. The award for most paranoid and bizarre blog comment ever goes to ... the person too cowardly to post under an actual name!

      Sweetheart, I'm a lawyer. Vague threats about DCFS scare me not at all. Good luck with life!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, there is a difference between quality adult music and the kind of music that is littered with F-bombs. I would hope parents could distinguish what is appropriate (but maybe that's asking too much of the human race).

      Delete
  4. I'm of the same mindset on music. I refuse to listen to hours upon hours of nursery songs. And DON'T get me started on Kidz Bop.

    And seriously, Anonymous, why do you assume that all non-kiddie music is filled with F-bombs and explicit content?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. I think I would only bother to change if said three month old responded to my preferred music with screaming, because then the experience is kind of ruined anyway. But, I'm also not a parent, so clearly I am not allowed to speculate, as I have no idea what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're on kid 4, and we didn't change our listening habits. We were simply too lazy to switch out the iPod music. (Plus, Hubs is a music freak and does not compromise on his tunes in any way.)

    ReplyDelete