Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Small Lake City

Thanks to the internet, the universe just got a whoooooole lot smaller. Think of this like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, only Six Degrees of Girls Who Rant Online.

I read a blog from a girl who lives in Arizona.

A girl who lives in Murray commented on that blog, including a link to a blogger from I-don't-know-where.

A girl from California had commented on that blog, and I thought, "Hmm. Why does that name seem familiar? I suppose I better click on her name and satisfy my curiosity."

As it turns out, that girl (1) is friends with my cousin, (2) sang at our grandma's funeral, and (3) is the sister of a boy I dated once, and if all that weren't wacky enough, she also (4) recently read ANOTHER blog post from someone (awful) and wrote a response to it on her blog (awesome) and I knew immediately what she was talking about.

Because when stuff on the internet is THAT JAW DROPPING, you remember it forever, crazy wheat-and-tares lady.

So now I will ever-so-not-so-creepily read her blog, too, because the universe is wacky like that, folks. Except I'm fairly sure that if I ran into her in real life, I would not be confident enough that it was really her to go say hi, and she would probably not know who I am.

Technology. You bind us closer together and emphasize our social oddities all at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. Haha. That's awesome. Yes, the world is incredibly small :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe! It's so true. I'm amazed at the people I know that pop up in odd places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That's kind of amazing. Very Random, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I better consider my comments carefully! You're right, it is a small world!

    ReplyDelete