Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Hookers and Hangers Blogfest: Part 1

(Hey now, let's pretend this was really posted on the right day, shall we? Curse you, blogger and destinations weddings! Only not really, because that wedding was awesome.)
The gals at Falling for Fiction are hosting a blog hop where people post the first sentences from five chapters and the last sentences from five chapters.

First sentences (keep in mind this is a work in progress):

Crying alone in a bathroom with no toilet paper is not how I imagined starting college.

On Monday morning, I wake up at 7:00 AM, right on schedule, but for one minute I stare at the ceiling and think about what it would be like to skip it.

Lulu watches me get ready for church with a quizzical look on her face.

Since we both have to watch Sense and Sensibility before class on Monday and neither one of us has plans on Friday night--me because I'm a social pariah, Charlie presumably because the universe is a strange and random place even for the handsome and charming--we agree to watch the copy I got from the library in Charlie's room after dinner.

"Be careful not to spill that on yourself, it causes cancer," Weronicka says over her shoulder as she leaves the back room.


 

2 comments:

  1. My faves are #1 and #4. But all of these have given me a glimpse of your story that makes me want to read more. Now! So I guess I will go on and read your hangers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last one is classic good! nice job on all of them!

    ReplyDelete