Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Two posts in a week? Crazy!

Yes friends, it's true.

Busy season at my work is nearly over, which means a return to our regularly scheduled program.

But since it's not quite over, this isn't much of a post. Really more of a list of things I've learned during my semi-break:

1. Blogging is a good outlet for me. If I had blogged about Rush Limbaugh, I probably wouldn't have had to rant about him to all my friends for the last four days. 

2. Despite my Mormon roots, there is just something about public prayer that makes me incredibly uncomfortable. Not the prayer itself, mind you, just the act of standing around and listening to it. I feel like Will Farrell in Talladega Nights -- I don't know what I should be doing with my hands.

And between us chickens, I've heard a lot of public prayer in the last month and a half.

3. I plan to do a little more with 28 than I did with 27.  When I turned 26, I was depressed. When I turned 27, I was more depressed. In fact, I spent probably the first six months of 27 wishing I was still 26 ... and now that I'm 28, 27 seems mighty young.

In an effort to not be right back where I'm sitting a year from now, I'm going to try to enjoy 28 from the get-go.

4. Internet dating. Still awful.

What's new with you friends?

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to be 28 in couple of weeks, so I think I'll join you in the awesome 28 party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan with enjoying 28, because 30 is a total bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 29 was the worst for me. 30 wasn't so bad. I'm gonna be 33 in April. I'm at the point that I can't remember how old I am exactly. 32? 33? What year is it?...Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ecstatic for 28 in June, and even more excited about 30. I plan on living like Jennifer Garner in 13 Going on 30, because we all (secretly) want to be
    "thirty, flirty, and thriving."

    ReplyDelete