Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

It's the ides of March, and I'm feeling persnickity

1. Why do people post questions that are easily googleable as a tweet, instead?  "Anyone know where to find good panna cotta?" As a matter of fact, Yelp does.

But I suppose asking Yelp would deprive you of telling all your tweeple that you're into highbrow pudding.

2. Mad Men returns in a week and a half and I could give a crap. This is what happens when you have more than a year between seasons -- people find other TV to love.  I was once super into the world of Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Price and eighteen months later I'm into Westeros, Mystic Falls and Hershel's farm.

You're a pretty man, Don Draper, but there's another guy in town who looks just like you and is much funnier. His name is Sterling Archer and he may have some mommy issues of his own, but at least he's never expected me to think his journal is deep.

Give my regards to Joan.

3. I got some Hunger Games-themed nail polish for my birthday. It's really cute and I'd post a picture, except for some reason all of the pictures on my blog went away. I don't know how to fix that problem and to be honest, I probably won't try.

4. I think the reason why I don't really get the wedding pinboards on Pinterest (aside from inherent creepy stereotypicalness of it all) is that my one and only really great idea for a wedding is to have a string quartet play really slowed down versions of songs like "The Final Countdown," "Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car," "Africa," and "We Built This City (On Rock and Roll)" and then watch guests squint their eyes and try to figure out why the music seems so familiar.

Try and pin that one, mo-fos.

13 comments:

  1. I feel weird about the wedding pinboards because it looks like so much work. I was a fast decision, cutting corners, get this over with kind of bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I do that, but I know that there are cooks on my Facebook and have good recipes for stuff. :)
    3. What IS the fascination with The Hunger Games? I haven't read them because I haven't gotten a good answer other than, "It's SOOOO good"
    4. :) We Built This City (On Rock & Roll) by String Quartet. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! Love your number four! :) I'm curious as to what Hunger Game themed nail polish looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I got is black with metallic green sparkles.

      Delete
  4. Love #4! My brother comes back from HI this summer.... just sayin'... :)

    Crystal--Hunger Games is incredibly well written, not so much romance, there are NO vampires, and it's just a good story line. I highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I would not be opposed to meeting your brother, should the occasion present itself ...

      Delete
  5. OMG, you totally made my day. #4 rocks. And I totally had a conversation about #1 just the other day. But I'm still looking forward to #2. Cuz Mr. Hamm makes me lick my lips just thinking about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon Hamm is amazing, but I figure I can catch him in some of the other stuff he's in if push comes to shove :)

      Delete
  6. #4 is the best wedding idea ever dreamed up. Props.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Persnickety, what a lovely word! Always looking looking for words to confuse these "persnickety" Norwegians with. If you are on pinterest why is there not a follow button here so that we snoopy people can take a peak? I for one would love to see that nail polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never have gotten into Mad Men. I thought about watching it, but then I saw Rick Grimes and got distracted.

    ReplyDelete