Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

terrible movies are good for something

I've never been into the Twilight movies.  (Shocking, I know.)  I saw the first two because the situations presented themselves -- it was all very passive voice.

But as I sorted through my Redbox options for tonight (a snuggly Valentine's evening with my puppy and some takeout), I couldn't stop pondering Breaking Dawn.

Really, if there were ever a movie to make me feel pretty good about being single again on Valentine's Day, it's a movie where a teen bride is rewarded for her virtue with a monster baby that eats its way out of her uterus.

I like my uterus just the way it is, thanks.

9 comments:

  1. I didn't realize it was in the redbox now. I may have to go get it, just because I have heard the vampiric c-section makes an "omnomnom" noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even seen Breaking Dawn. It sorta grosses me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last Saturday at work we had this giant Breaking Dawn display set up. It was a little disturbing to have Jacob, Edward, and Bella watch over me at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely makes you appreciate what you have. Or don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny...you're right, this is a good time for a terrible movie.. I haven't seen Breaking Dawn. Then again, I had a hard tome stomaching New Moon so...hmm...no.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I agree with you. Those movies (and books) have never been for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an original....love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ru. I'm just dropping in to say hello as an A to Z challenge co-host, and am now your newest follower. Cool to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, Matthew, I enjoy your blog.

      Delete