Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

here's a fun, fate-tempting time-waster

I'm not much of a blogger these days, amiright?  Two more weeks, friends, just two more weeks.

In the meantime, here's a fun link for ya: THE MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE CALCULATOR!

You know how the divorce rate is 50%?  Well, as you may know, that percentage is based on all marriages, and second, third, fourth, etc. marriages all have a higher probability of ending in divorce than first marriages.  Factors like age and education at the time of marriage also affect the probability of a marriage ending in divorce. 

So if you have ten minutes today, and you're feeling adventurous, put in your stats, your character's stats, your snotty friend from high school's stats, and find out your/their/her likelihood of getting slapped with the big D in the next five years. 

You're either going to feel really bad or really good about yourself.

2 comments:

  1. i don't know, i feel sort of middling now? i got 7%, which is the highest end of average risk. that sounds about right. i'm sure it'd skyrocket if it took into account the inter-faithiness of our marriage. at least i know some good divorce lawyers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lied and said I was 23 or 24 when I got married because I was almost 23, and that's better sounding than "22 and under." Eeeek.
    I thought it would ask more questions. Like about my husband or something.
    (Got that 10% of people like me would be divorced over the next 5 years.)

    ReplyDelete