Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Who says reality TV doesn't give us valuable life lessons?

Friends, let's chat.

I know we're all supposed to pretend that things like The Bachelor are pure trash, but I honestly believe there are nuggets of wisdom to be found here and there. True, most of those nuggets are found amidst the humiliation of others, but I say a nugget's a nugget.

My number one nugget from The Bachelor is this: When a guy makes out with you, and immediately makes out with another girl, and deems the second girl to be "better" in some indefinable way (as evidenced by giving her an immunity rose), YOU SHOULD STAND UP AND LEAVE.  Or stay for the free trip to San Francisco.  Entirely up to you -- but whatever you do, don't get a case of the mascara'd sobbies on national television.

What have you learned from reality TV?

9 comments:

  1. lol! I was mad about that too. That girl who got the rose is a witch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned that the reason I'm still single is that I don't collapse into a sobby, ugly heap when a new girl shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or... you can leave as soon as he makes out with another girl. 'Cause that's the whole problem I see with those shows: the Bachelor/ette sees no problem with kissing (etc) all the candidates in turn. This is "reality" tv? In real live, cheating is still cheating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give them this - I don't think it can be cheating when you've only been out two times. Most people are still dating other people when a "relationship" is that new (they haven't even defined their relationship as a relationship) and these girls *know* which other girls he's dating. I think the difference is the rubbing-it-in-your-face factor. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi there!

    I just wanted to let you know that I left you awards over at my blog!!

    Pop on over and get em' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My nugget from reality TV? Not to watch reality TV! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to go with:
    If someone screams at your child constantly, change dance teachers (Dance Moms); Pagents are the most frightening thing on earth (Toddlers & Tiaras); Apparently paying for things is an option (Extreme Couponing); and there are a LOT of people who seem cute and smart but have no problem humiliating themselves for the chance to be on t.v. (The Bachelor).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am probably the only person in the world who doesn't watch reality TV. I prefer fiction. My own life and my crazy family is enough for me. I am a new follower

    ReplyDelete