Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Well, hello internets

Just popping in to say hi amidst my wacky schedule and share a thought, random though it is.

I was reading through my old, semi-abandoned NaNoWriMo project the other day and I found poem.  (Ahh, fiction inspired by poetry. That NaNo project really was a winner, amiright? At least it wasn't a Blink-182 song.

Confession: wanted to write "Snow Patrol," didn't want to offend fans of Snow Patrol. Concluded that probably no one likes Blink-182 anymore and it was a safe slam. Gee whiz, this blog is edgy.)

My story is set in winter, and I think this is a winter time poem if there ever was one.  Please enjoy.

Canis Major -Robert Frost
The great Overdog
That heavenly beast
With a star in one eye
Gives a leap in the east.

He dances upright
All the way to the west
And never once drops
On his forefeet to rest.

I'm a poor underdog
But to-night I will bark
With that great Overdog
That romps through the dark.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ru

    Just to let you know that a good friend of mine has nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award and you are mentioned in his blog today as a result:

    http://oscarsparrow.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/lets-get-kreativ-with-the-truth-the-whole-truth-well-90-of-it/


    You can find out the instructions for retaining the award on the blog post.

    He does not have a blogger account and was unable to leave the message - so I did it for him.


    Best wishes

    Emma Calin on behalf of Oscar Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know, that's so sweet!

      Delete