Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

What's your favorite google search term?

If you're like me, you love checking to see where your blog traffic comes from.

My favorite is discovering which words people google to find my blog.  Usually there are a lot of "and then she was like blah," which is understandable. But now and again, you find some real gems.

This week my search term results are as follows ...

49 people googled "Game of Thrones" and found me.

7 people googled "tiara."

3 people googled "modern family mitchell."

2 people googled "Merry Christmas puppies."

2 people googled "pattern for corn husk flower."

2 people googled "telestial kingdom."

And 1 person googled "Sex and the City sucks."

That's has kind of a "12 Days of Christmas" ring to it, don't you think?

What is the funniest thing someone has googled to find you?  Or if you don't know, do you know plan to obsessively check your google stats to find out?











5 comments:

  1. Ha! I was going to do this when I get back from my blogging break! I have a few winners... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. consistently the top search terms that lead to my blog are:

    1. why are mormons so happy (god knows why; i'm certainly not an example of that);
    2. i hate law school (or some variation of that); and
    3. how to survive family vacation.

    i should probably stop writing posts in the tone of how-to/self-help articles.

    also, can we please see pictures of your merry christmas puppy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go look when you mentioned this. The strangest search term was "wiket seks." I have no idea how that even relates to my blog. It's not on my blog in any shape or form. Weird. I also got "succubi" but I know where that one comes from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My very favorite ever (and it's a TOTAL mystery how they found my blog with this since NONE of this applies to me):

    "Got drunk and told my husband I lived as a lesbian."

    ReplyDelete
  5. So of course I had to check this out. One of the searches was for "publishness". Makes sense. My blog is called Angela Brown in Pursuit of Publishness. The other search tickled me because I know which blog post probably prompted me coming up in the search:
    "most awesome love letters of jilted lovers"
    Too funny

    ReplyDelete