Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolutions and hopes

Every year Echo and her best friend Alicia come up with resolutions (a goal you can meet) and hopes (a goal that is beyond your control).

My resolutions for this year are:

1. Lose X* amount of pounds; save X amount of money; run X number of miles every week.

2. Finish New Project.

3. Teach Spence two new tricks.

4. Keep my car clean all year.

5. Visit a different country.

My hopes are not for sharing in InternetLand.

What are some of your resolutions and (if you feel like sharing) hopes?




* (X is an integer known to Ru, and if Ru has 15 apples and is traveling to the market at a rate of 7 miles per hour going west, what time will she need to come home to let Spence out to pee?)

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Love your resolutions. Honestly - I haven't even drawn mine up yet. 2011 has been so exhausting, that I am spending the last few hours of it trying to relax and enjoy myself. Tomorrow I will write up my resolutions! I think I might have to add the "car" on in there. That is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resolutions! I've got a lose X pounds one too. Got a cruise to the Mediterranean coming up in June! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your resolutions and hopes! I usually break my resolutions by January 15th, but I'm a sucker so I'm still making them. They include losing 13 pounds by June, rewriting my novel in the first person by March, and teaching my dogs to stop shedding. My hopes are all about babies and houses.
    Happy new year- love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals. I plan to revise three manuscripts and submit them, and write more short stories. Plus, that whole lose X amount of pounds applies to me too. Have a wonderful new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goals will be posted on my blog on Monday morning. My hope for 2012 is to finish the year with the same number of scars I started it with. We'll see how that goes...

    ReplyDelete