Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

It's so awesome being awesome

Am I right, or am I right?

I feel like there's a haiku of vanity in there somewhere.

Anywho, my house has been defrosted after the furnace incident and we are gearing up hardcore for the Halloween season.  Note the decorative candle?  Oooh, it's so creepy and so cozy all at once.


What are you going to be for Halloween?  I'm kinda torn.  I've got Spencer's outfit picked out (I've decided that dressing pets is only degrading to the pet on non-Halloween days) but struggling to decide on mine. 

Don't worry, I won't steal your ideas.  I'm honestly honest like that.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know what I'm going to be. I suggested to my husband that we buy tan sweat pants and shirts and glue something shiny and diamond-shaped to the stomachs and make our hair stand up and be the same color as the shiny thing and be troll dolls, but he didn't buy that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we don't have any kids yet, my wife and I have our own kind of Halloween tradition: stay home, eat Halloween-themed foods (it never ceases to amaze me what my wife can come up with), and watch decidedly unscary Halloween movies like Clue, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, a variety of Scooby Doo episodes and movies, and Disney's old Ichabod Crane (we don't do well with scary movies). It may not sound like much, but we have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Reece - your place sounds like the place to be for a non "scared the heebee geebees out of me" kind of time.

    As for outfits, some of the costumes I saw for women seemed to give me the idea that "whore of any era or profession" is currently in season. I might have to hunt down a really large pumpkin outfit so it can fit my round-about figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm currently thinking a peacock. It's easy to make a tulle skirt and wear a teal tshirt I already have. I am oh so tempted to dress up Gizmo, but I'm not sure what the point is unless we have trick or treaters come to our place that would think it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea what I'm going to be for Halloween and I'm kind of starting to stress out about it.

    ReplyDelete