Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Thanks friendos :)

Just two shout-outs this fine morning:

1. Thank you Karen for making me your Blog of the Week.  I try to kinda-sorta stay away from the Internet on weekends so I don't someday get Gollumified by the lure of precious megapixels, so I didn't really know what was going on when I started getting email alerts on my phone that people were leaving me comments and adding, "Came over from Karen's blog!" at the end. 

But it all became clear this morning, so thank you very much.  Compliments are the very best thing anyone can ever give me because I'm shallow like that.

2. Robin gave me an award, wootiewoot!

The award is the Leibster Award, which spotlights up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules of the award are:

1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Display the award on your blog.

So in no particular order, here are my picks:

Nicole at http://nicolemariewhite.blogspot.com/
 
Emily at http://getbusywriting.blogspot.com/

Chandara/Elizabeth at http://chandarawrites.blogspot.com/

Gina at http://writersblog-gina.blogspot.com/

Delia at http://delia-moran.blogspot.com/


(PS? It was surprisingly difficult to sort out who did and did not have over 200 followers, so that's why there isn't a sassy explanation of each blog.  I've got to get work at some point, kids. Just trust me that these ladies are all clever and fantastic and you could do worse than go over and follow them.  :) )

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! I appreciate the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you not figured out how to do links on blogger? I will give you a hint - it is the link button on the top of your "Create post" - just copy and past. So our lazy behinds don't have to.

    Nice choices, congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *paste - because, obviously, I have not figured out how to proofread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhg all this attention is making you too mainstream. My hipster street cred is going to be dashed by reading it now.

    Quick I need pair vintage Girbaud Jean shorts and an album by a band you've never heard of, but only instruments they make themselves from garbage they find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award! (And thanks for the shout out. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ru! I'm a fellow recipient of the Liebster thanks to Robin. Isn't she great? I love her. She practically wrote my entire query for me!

    Anyway, I found you through her blog and am now a new follower since she speaks so highly of you. I tend to take Robin's wise advice.

    Cute puppy, by the way. King Charles Spaniel? Absolutely adorable! I have 2 giant beasts myself, both sled dogs that keep my feet warm in the cold Seattle rain.

    Congrats on the award! And feel free to come on over to my neck of the woods sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! We were co-Liebstered by Robin, so I thought I'd pop over and say hi. Hi! I'm excited to read your blog and other awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily - of course!

    Chantele - thank you :)

    Skippy - I do know, I was just super lazy myself at that moment. ;)

    Colt - when you find that band, let me know.

    Delia - well, you guys all deserve it :)

    Nancy - nice to meet you! Yes, Spence is a King Charles Spaniel. I'll def check out your blog.

    Heidi - nice for coming over! I will also be checking out your awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete