Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Spark

So when did the Adventures of LawyerGirl start being the Adventures of WriteyGirl?

It's hard to say.

But I think it's when my dad made a big deal over something dumb.

When I was probably 5 or 6, I created my own picture book, complete with illustrations.  The story was ... not good.  The art was worse.

But my dad paraded the thing around like I had written a Pulitzer Prize winner, and at six, I was too little to be embarrassed.

For more information, check back tomorrow ...




August 23rd Update: I'm also going to be doing another blogfest (holy crap, ANOTHER ONE?), but I'm going to talk about it in more detail later in the week, so as to not take away from The Spark.  Click here to find out more!

7 comments:

  1. Ha! I'll be back tomorrow for sure. I also wrote a picture book as a child. I believe it centered around a girl going to the dentist - it was just a riveting as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dads are embarrassing! It's nice to know some things in the universe are constant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A series of crayons scribbled on paper is a masterpiece to a loving parent.
    I, too, will be back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexis - ha, I love it.

    Angie - true dat.

    Angela - that's probably true :)

    Christine - thanks, I think so too :)

    Peggy - he sure is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this feels like an awesome hook to a whole book I would love to read. on to day 2!

    ReplyDelete