Cherie Reich is hosting a blogfest (I know! When did that become a word, right?) (Sidenote: So! Many! Blogfests! I need a break.)
I am a big re-reader. Ever since I graduated from The Babysitters' Club, which realistically probably began my journey of re-readership,* I have tended to re-read my favorite books over and over again. This is probably why every summer I read The Stand, Fight Club, Pride and Prejudice, and at least one Harry Potter.
But I don't only re-read. This summer my Kindle and I have become quite close ... you could say we've taken it to the next level, in fact. So for anyone out there looking for a few more books to tear through before the summer is over, I'd recommend the following:
1. A Game of Thrones (George RR Martin)
2. A Clash of Kings (George RR Martin)
3. A Storm of Swords (George RR Martin)
4. A Feast for Crows (George RR Martin)
5. Supernaturally (Kiersten White)
6. The Fifth Witness (Michael Connelly)
7. Full Dark, No Stars (Stephen King)
8. John Adams (David McCullough)
(Yes, I read more than this. These are just the ones I'm telling other people to read. I'll be honest - I chose a few strike-outs this summer.)
And on my To Be Read While On Vacation Next Week list:
Any others I should put on there? Don't be deterred at the 1,040 historical fantasy novel in the third spot, I'm a reading machine and I need suggestions!
* While I never technically "re-read" a BSC book, anyone who was ever a nine-year-old girl knows that once you've read one of Kristy's, Claudia's, Stacey's, Mary Anne's, Dawn's, Mallory's, Jessi's, Logan's, Shannon's, or Abby's (yes, those were all members of the Club at one point of another) adventures, you've read them all. Anyone remember the format of Chapter 2? Because it's burned into my brain.
Random fact about me? I pronounced Janine "Ja-9" for probably two years before anyone corrected me. In my mind, the older Kishi sister is straight up gangsta.