Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Boundaries

So, even though I'm not sure what it's for or how to do it, I decided to start using my Twitter account.  (Yes, I have one.  Way back in the heady days of 2008, a friend who is in publicity insisted I sign up.  Technically my Twitter feed is now a toddler.)

It's strange how social media can reduce your inhibitions to basically zero. 

There are things I won't write on my blog -- usually because it's either too much information to share on the Internet, or because I don't want to embarrass myself professionally somehow.

There are things I won't write on my facebook because I've lost the urge to try to be funny in a facebook post, and because I've realized I'm facebook friends with a lot of people who aren't real life friends so I'd rather not share too much.

And yet this morning, I seriously considered tweeting, "Narrowly avoided suffocation via knockoff Spanx. A near-death experience is a good way to start the day." 

Clearly, after only 48 hours with Twitter, my e-inhibitions have plummeted.

I think I'm going to have to do a lot of pause-consider-execute or abandon analysis now that this new app is loaded on my phone.  Undies talk isn't something to be bandied about lightly.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't know what it is about Twitter, but I've found myself much more likely to talk about things there that I refuse to post in other places. Which is even more silly when you consider that my Twitter name is my ACTUAL NAME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I don't Tweet, but I can see where it would be tempting to use Twitter to share a near-death experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that would have been the PERFECT tweet! And I think you've officially coined a new phrase: E-HIBITIONS!!!

    Welcome to Twitter (again?) I'm ali_cross . . . friend me dude!

    AND I don't know if I said this when I've visited before, but I *love* your blog title. It cracks me up every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali - thanks! I added you on The Twitter, as the young people are calling it these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love twitter mainly because other people are hilarious. But I have no idea what to do on there. Thank goodness for 'retweet'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's soooooo true. Everyone in the Twitterverse knows that I lost a bunch of weight last year and that my bf has a decal of Megatron on his car and a bunch of Star Wars figurines from the Dark Side.

    yeah...

    ReplyDelete