Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

What George RR Martin and Sarah Palin have in common, apparently

By a show of hands, how many people are really irritated with Ned Stark on Game of Thrones for constantly showing his hand to the Lannisters? 

"Oh hey guys, just wanted to give you the heads' up, here's my game plan for taking you all down.  Now, give me a shout if you need any help moving out of the castle while the king is away and totally vulnerable, because as you know, I have four sons.  Though one is up on the Wall, one you paralyzed, and one has remain unseen until this week ... okay, one son, but he's strapping. Oh, and I'll also call around and see if we can borrow someone's truck.  Please don't make any plans to counter my strategy in the meantime!"

And while we're at it, I know at this point making fun of Sarah Palin's total ignorance of life, the universe, and everything is pretty stale, but why does she think Paul Revere would have warned THE BRITISH that WE were coming?

(I know I'm running the risk of beating a dead horse, but hey ...)

"Oh hey, I just thought you should know, that big cache of weapons we have?  Yeah, that one.  Well, we know you know about it, and we will be totally prepared for your surprise raid whether you come by land or by sea, or, ya know, both. Pleasure doing revolution with you."

I'm not saying that a rudimentary knowledge of fifth-grade history is a mandatory prerequisite for elected office, but perhaps the ability to consider the consequences of certain war-related decisions. 

8 comments:

  1. I forgot about that show! I MUST GO BACK AND WATCH IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. May I please borrow your last sentence with full credit to you, of course? Because you nailed it.

    Wow, she stuns me sometimes, but what really surprises me is she is STILL doing it. I didn't think she could come across any more stupid than last year, the year before or....well, forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BN - you will love it.

    Skippy Mom - of course, have at it.

    MJ - gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Wasilla, Alaska, and am SO FREAKING SICK of her idiocy (even though it's good for a laugh) that I will seriously go insane. I didn't vote for her to be my governor, and I'd never vote for anything involving her unless it was to banish her from TV.

    Again, you're hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry but I'm tired of the hypocrisy when it comes to Sarah Palin and George W. Bush. Our dear President has been guilty of some even more egregious misspeaks that are usually explained away as exhaustion, if they get a mention at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen - I don't see it as hypocrisy at all. First, no gaffe of President Obama's (or Pres. Bush's, for that matter) has ever reached the idiocy of Sarah Palin's, and what's worse, she always tries to spin her mistakes until it's someone else's fault. She can't name a single newspaper? Katie Couric's fault. She quit her job as governor? Why, that's the fault of the people investigating her for potential malfeasance.

    Second, everyone makes mistakes, even presidents--hence Bush said "food on your families," Obama said he'd visited 57 of the 48 contiguous states. Normal people just admit their falliability.

    Third, I am willing to accept minor errors from people I know to be bright. Agree with his politics or not, President Obama has proved that he is an intelligent person, and to put it bluntly, if Sarah Palin weren't pretty we wouldn't be pretending she's a legitimate contender. She coasts on her looks and the manufactured "folksiness" of someone worth millions of dollars. $100 grand on campaign clothes, anyone?

    It's not a Republican or Democrat issue because there are bright, intelligent, well-spoken people in both parties. Sarah Palin is an embarassment to all of them. She has no actual policy ideas about how to fix our country - she is just using her popularity to make loads of money (book deals, speaking gigs, reality tv show) and for that and that alone I give her mad props. I can completely respect greed.

    ReplyDelete