Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

And so it begins ...

So last night I bought a pup.  Awwwwww!  (Don't judge me for not getting a rescue, I will donate.)

Am resisting the urge to call in sick so I can stay home and play with him all day.

Do not even care that he woke me up at 5:30 AM, that I took him outside to pee, and waited ... and waited ... and waited ... and then when my sleep-brain decided he didn't want to pee, I brought him back inside.  Where he promptly peed.

Seriously.  Look at him.  Would you care? 

Didn't think so.

I am also resisting the urge to write cutesy captions under his pictures like, "Oh hai!" or "I'm just a writtle guy!" because I want to make myself think that his brain is a little more macho than that.  So instead you will get a super chill, "What's up."

Pretty sure his name is Spence the Spaniel (Spencer when he's bad), but so far he answers to all the names I have tried out. 

And in case you wanted to know -- and of course you do, because he's ADORABLE -- these are the names that have been under consideration at one point or another:

Rocky
Shane
Roland
Albert
Bertie
Thomas
Bruce
Rocco
Colby
Tex
Angelo
Buster
George

But he seems like he might be a Spence to me.

It certainly didn't hurt that his new Grandaddy and Gangi have already committed to calling him Spence.  Even if I visited them this weekend and was like, "Oh hey family, I've decided to call him Freckles," they'd be like, "Nope.  We're calling him Spence."*






* FYI, this is also how my brother "Charlie" ended up with two names. If a mom and dad can't agree on a name, just choose both!  And then use them interchangeably!  If it's not confusing to a child, it won't be confusing to a dog.

Or something.
 

12 comments:

  1. Your puppy is adorable!!! Congrats on the new addition:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate pet blogging, except when it's ADORABLE! which this clearly is. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the envy ensued.

    Side Note: My father insisted I be named Colt because he bread dogs and always gave short one syllable names because it was easier for them to learn and then respond to when you training them to bring back a pheasant or water fowl. He assumed that naming a kid with a short one-syllable name install a similar obedience mechanism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never want a dog of my own, but I sure like seeing pictures of others' adorable puppies. Cuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO stinkin' cute... although, I probably wouldn't have been as cheerful about the pee thing. Cute pup or not, I'm just not a morning person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow he's a doll! I love the name Spence as well, Spence the Spaniel sounds so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys!

    Colt - that is hilarious. I'll try to apply that method when I name my own kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "If a mom and dad can't agree on a name, just choose both!" HAHAHAHAH!
    That's exactly what happened to us... my baby boy was named "Luke Evan." LOL
    Thanks for sharing and WHAT A LOVELY PUPPY!
    I like Spence, too, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet face! I would probably never get any work done again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THIS PUPPY SO MUCH. PLZ 2 KAPSHUN LIK DIS NAW

    ReplyDelete
  11. BN - haha, he loves you too. Or should I say, "He luvs u 2 boob nashi."

    See why I'm not doing it? I'm no good at lolcats speak. :)

    ReplyDelete